Friday, December 31, 2010

It's Not An Ending!

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

It is so hard for me to believe that it is the last morning of 2010. Time is so quickly passing- or so it seems doesn't it? The truth is - time moves as it always has. But here we are at another ending and another beginning.

When I sought something encouraging to write this morning I looked the above verse up in my Bible's concordance, wanting to focus on the new mercies of God EVERY morning. I wanted to remind us all that each day - not just each new year, is a blessing from Him. I was wanting to focus on the newness of the beginning.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

As I read the passage and began to type it, the first verse was what really struck out to me. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;"

You see ladies, everything we see will cease. Just as 2010 is ending, so will 2011, if the Lord tarries. Creation is deteriorating awaiting His return. Everything is on a downward spiral awaiting its end. Everything we know has a conclusion, a God ordained, planned end.

Everything except Him. His steadfast love never ceases. His mercies never come to an end.

So today, I am not going to focus on the ending of 2010. I have decided not to reflect on its highs and lows. (When the author of Lamentations wrote this, he had seen his whole world fall apart!) I am not even going to make plans for 2011, or allow myself to dream about what the new year may hold.

I am going to purposefully, intentionally worship my God, my God who knows no end and has bestowed His eternal blessings upon me. Praise His holy name sisters! We have much to worship Him for!






No comments: