Monday, July 2, 2012

In the Midst of the Madness


As ministers wives our lives are crazy.  We manage the home and care of our husbands and children but it does not stop there.  We also hold the position of minister wife at church, and if you are like me, you are probably involved in some aspect of the church whether it is a choir member or a nursery worker.   Honestly, the normal stress we are under can make the devout good nutrition junkie fall off the wagon and drown in a chocolate sea. 

The last few months have been unbelievable.  When I tell people what has taken place, they just stand back and say “and you’re not on Prozac?”  Chocolate, yes; Prozac, no.  As I have said before in a previous post, I am still standing because of the great God we serve.

Although the madness is still coming at me, I have had a few brief moments to look back over the past few months and see where God designed “Lulu Moments” for me.  (A Lulu is a surprise gift, spending time with other ministers wives, a card from a friend, etc).  Here’s my list:

                September 2011-God begins to call us to another ministry

                October 2011-A much needed vacation to the Smokies

                November 2011-The wedding of our youngest son to his beautiful bride

                December 2011-Celebrate Christmas with family

                January 2012-Learn we are to be grandparents

                April 2012-Our Tennessee home gets a contract

                May 2012-We close on our house in TN and purchase a home in AR (in the same week)

                Throughout this period of time, I have received cards, emails, phone calls, and yes, chocolate.

               

In the midst of the madness when life became so unbearable with sadness and grief, God reached down and hugged me through these simple acts.  They may not seem like much to the average person or even you, but to me, a pastor’s wife, I sometimes need a visible sign that God is still in control.

Today girlfriends, I am asking you to share with fellow sisters how God has provided a hug for you in the midst of the madness.




No comments: