Friday, September 21, 2012

How Do You Do Still?

Why is it so hard to be still?

Even knowing that I need to be still, I still find it incredibly hard.

There is so much I feel like I need to be doing. Even though I am sick, I still don't feel like I can stop.

It is so hard to accept that it is okay to sit on the couch and not do anything productive. Surely there is something that I can do, something that still needs to be done. Despite my husband's best attempts to serve me, I still feel compelled to doing something.

I have folded laundry and helped my 4th grade daughter study for both her science and spelling tests. That was productive right? But why do I feel like I need to justify myself?

I guess I still have issues with trying to get things accomplished on my own. God is still saying "Stop," and I am still pressing to do more.

I know I need to stop "doing" and start "being." Being still.

It isn't about me being productive or not. I guess it is all about stopping and acknowledging that He is God.

So Ladies, how do you do it? How do you stop "doing" and start "being?" How do you turn off that voice in your head that tells you that you need to be doing something?

I could definitely use your input.

No comments: