Wednesday, July 3, 2013

EXHAUSTION!!!

TOTAL EXHAUSTION!!!  Do you ever feel like your get up and go has gone home?  Is it just me, or do you ever feel like you have been stretched too thin?

The last couple of weeks I have felt that way.  First, we had V.B.S. and THAT in itself is always an exhausting week.  Then, our daughter and  her husband bought a house...........they repainted EVERYTHING in one week and moved the next week.  Because I have vertigo, I am not a good painter and I am too short for a lot of help, so my job was to keep our 7 month old grandson.  It was a tough job, but someone had to do it.  :)

In the middle of all of that, we had two funerals (an 80 old brother of two of our members and a 4 month grandson of one of our members.)  Noticed, I said...we had.  Remember....we are bi-vocational, so we do everything together.  We also, had a wedding and another church member is dying.  We also have two church members that are facing serious surgeries.

I also had the church bulletins, prayer lists, church email ministry, Sunday School Lessons, Wednesday night lessons, washing clothes, straightening up, grabbing bites to eat, etc.

WHEWWWWW........................I had FINALLY reached my limit.  Sunday afternoon, instead of visiting, etc., we went home and both CRASHED.  We were able to gain some much needed sleep.  I KNOW I can not do everything and sometimes I wonder how we do what we do.....but even with God's help, we still need to remember to take a breather sometimes.

The nap gave us the extra boost we needed to make it through the rest of the day.  At church Sunday night, one of the families invited us over after church for a relaxing time of fellowship.  What a great day!!!

I know we all have busy, hectic schedules.  Ladies'.........how do you handle your schedules?  Are you better at resting along the way than I seem to be?  Or, are you like me and keep going and going until you wind down and have to stop for a quick booster?

No comments: