Friday, July 5, 2013

Kink in the Plan

Don't you just love how when you think you have it all planned out, God puts a kink in the plan?  I am a very detailed person.....remember in one of my earlier posts, my husband is always telling me to birth the baby....he doesn't need the nine months of pregnancy.

Because I am a detailed person, I tend to PLAN everything.  Obviously, many times when I plan, it is Kathy's plan because God looks down and says...."watch this!!"

Now at the time all of this is going on, I freak out and go spastic because I am NOT in control.  (I know....confession time.....one of my greatest faults.)  I start worrying about what next when my plans don't go as planned.

When all I need to do is sit back in the passengers seat and let God drive me around.  He KNOWS the outcome.  I don't!

We should always turn everything over to God and let him guide us, but we are human so we tend to try to "plan" and "detail" ourselves.

I couldn't tell you how many times over my lifetime this has happened to me and also to Roger and I.  We have everything mapped out and God puts a kink in our plans......because He sees the BIG PICTURE and we are only seeing the small window.

Over the years God has send us traveling down many roads that we were confused about, but today....looking back, he saw the big picture and had a PLAN FOR OUR LIVES.  He never meant to move away from family and friends into another state.  We dreamed of raising our children close to grandparents.  God had other plans.  We are WHO we are today and WHERE we are today because when God threw in the kinks, we trusted him and followed him. (most of the time.)

Has God ever put a kink in your plan?

No comments: