Friday, July 26, 2013

One Way

Ladies, I know many women today face this same struggle. We have long to-do lists and way too many hats to wear. We use a variety of organizational tools an gadgets to attempt to keep "it" all together.

One of my daily prayers is that God would make me a good steward of all the blessings He has given me. This prayer includes our family's finances, home, and relationships, as well as my time. I recognize each day as a gift from God. He never promises me tomorrow and I know that each breath He gives me is a showing of His grace.

This morning, in my devotional time, I was confronted with this verse:

"Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul."
-Psalm 143:8

One word stood out to me like it never had before. The word that just stuck with me was the word "way."

I have so many "ways" I feel like I need to go each and every day. There are so many things I feel like I need to get done and be for so many people. I often ask God to set my priorities to help me get everything on my endless lists taken care of.

This morning it was as if God said "Stop. You are trying to go in too many different ways. Just follow me and I will let you know the one way you should go. I've got the rest."

How freeing! One way. His way.

I needed this this morning and thought maybe someone else did too.  

No comments: