Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Burned Out

Do you ever just feel burned out? 

I know, we are preacher's wives so that is not allowed.....BUT, we are still human.  Have you ever found yourselves so stressed and burned out that you do not even want to go to church?  Of course, we still go, but there is a difference in going because you want to and going because you have to.

I have to confess, there have been times in my life when I was so burned out that I wanted to just "go away".  I did not want to go to church.  I am not  even sure I even wanted to be around Christians.

Remember...."church" and "church people" are many times the source of our stress.

Being "burned out" is one of the first signs that it is time to "get away"; plan a vacation; or just take a weekend off and visit somewhere else.  Usually if we "get away".....nothing seems near as bad as we originally thought and we are refreshed and ready to face the giants.  Our tanks are refueled.

I am happy to report that I am NOT at this stage right now.  I love our church and the people in it, but I HAVE been in this stage many times over our ministry

How do you handle those times when you get "burned out"?

No comments: