Saturday, June 14, 2014

He Will Keep His Word

I've known this pastor's wife for a long time. I have no doubt of her faith. She has a solid walk with Christ. I appreciate her transparency with me, sharing her fears, doubts and hurts.

The last thing I wanted to encourage her with while we were talking was - what I know that she already knows about God's word. Throughout our conversation, we quoted scripture to each other claiming the Father's promises:

"All things work for good . . ."
"If God is for us then who  . . ."
"His ways are higher than our ways . . . "
"He will never leave us or forsake us . . ."

Before we parted that day, we agreed with each other to get together again really soon. We both are looking forward to getting together again. We both are looking forward to the day we are looking back at these circumstances in the past tense.

But until then, until we meet again, we are trusting that God is in control and He will keep His word.

No comments: