Thursday, July 24, 2014

10 Commandments

Remember, I teach the preschoolers at our church.  When they turn 2 years old they come to me and stay until the begin Kindergarten.

We did a study on the life of Moses, starting when him as a baby.  We got to the lesson about the 10 commandments a couple of weeks ago.  I decided, especially since the majority of my kids are 2 and 3 year olds, to spend a day on each commandment and try to teach them all ten.

The first Sunday, we talked about the 1st commandment:  One God.  Wednesday night, we talked about the 2nd commandment:  Don't worship idols.  Sunday we talked about the 3rd commandment: Don't use God's name in vain;  speak God's name with love. 

Okay, you get the ideal...........anyway, each time, we reviewed back over the previous, so we are building and hopefully at the end, they will be able to recite the simplified version of the 10 Commandments.

Sunday, one of my little girls (the one that asked me a few months ago what sin was.  She wanted to know if when you have to go to time out do you sin and if you have to go to bed without a story, are you sinning.  When I told her yes, her reply was, "well I sin a lot."  She is 3 years old. 

Anyway, Sunday, after reviewing and going over and over the first three commandments, little Aubrie asked me, "Are all of the rules gonna be like these?"  I asked her what she meant and she said, "Duh....they are simple; everyone knows that there is just one God and you can't talk bad about him and anything you put before him is an idol.  Duh.  It's simple."

First, I was excited that she at least was understanding them, as a three year old is capable of doing.  Second, I got to thinking.....she is very blessed because her parents care enough about her to be raising her in a Christian home and to take her to church and teach her about God.  So to her, DUH.....it is obvious that everyone should already know the RULES, as they call them.

No wonder God said to come to me as little children......they take everything so literal.

God Bless the Little Children.  If we would take the time, we could learn a lot by just sitting back and listening to them.

No comments: