Monday, September 29, 2014

Let the children come unto me.....

Matthew 19:14  Jesus said, "Let the children come unto me....."

I keep blogging about my little preschoolers at church......because they are an important part of my life.  Even Jesus recognized that the children would come to him without the baggage and with innocent hearts.

I am a firm believer that if you get them young......and train them, you will have them for life.

Today, I would like to tell you about three of my little girls.

First, Aubrie was with her dad out eating Chinese with one of her dad's friends.  The friend was questioning why dad did not put sauces on his Chinese......and he told dad, "Dude, you need to try the sauces......they will change your life."  Without blinking an eye, Aubrie looked up at him and said, "No.....only God can change your life."  (Aubrie will be four the end of October.)

Carmen, who will be five the end of the year, was sitting with our son and daughter-in-law during the study of the Ten Commandments.  She pulled her craft out of the bag and was explaining to them that the commandment was to "Remember the Sabbath Day, and Keep it Holy."  She told them, that just means to go to church.  Then she pointed to the picture of the ten commandment tablets and said, "Mrs. Kathy didn't tell me, but I already know....that is God's I-Pad."

The last night of the Ten Commandments, Henley, who was four last week, was questioning what "covet" meant.  She said she did not understand.  I tried several different ways to explain it to her.........finally I looked at Aubrie and said.........see her pretty hair bow?  It is okay to say that you like her hair bow and wish you had one too............but it would be mean to say, I wish THAT was MY hair bow and she did not have it.  Aubrie spoke up and said if that happened she would break two rules.....thy shalt not steal and thy shalt not covet.
Henley looked at me and said, "Oh, I think I get it.............is it kind of like when Joseph's brothers wanted his coat of many colors?"
I told her that was EXACTLY right.......they were coveting his coat.

It makes my heart smile to watch these little ones grow so much.....and to watch God and the Bible become a part of their everyday lives.

No comments: