Monday, September 22, 2014

Music -N- Me

The Christian band, Mercy Me, has a new (or at least new-to-me!) song out called "Greater."

I love it. I love the beat, the harmonies, the lyrics, the truths. I love it.

In the last two weeks or so, God has used it to speak to me in a number of different ways.

Then, yesterday, in worship we sang "Always," a worship chorus by Kristian Stanfill. The lyrics were again penetrating right into the depths of my heart. I had heard and sang the song before, but yesterday it seemed that the Holy Spirit just made the words come alive.

Both of these songs are scripture-based. They are loaded with truth. I thought I would use my turn to blog this month to reflect on what God is teaching me about Him through these songs. I'll go into that more soon.

But, in the meantime, I am sure there are songs that God has spoken or is speaking to you through right now. What are they? Please share the titles. I'm always looking for more great music to help me worship and stay focused on Him.

Just in case you're interested, here are the links to the songs I've mentioned above:

"Greater" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0B4iMLuU
"Always" - http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=0BFF0MNU



No comments: