Friday, September 26, 2014

Musical Communication


  • "Oh my God, You will not delay, my Refuge and Strength always"
  • "I will not fear. Your promise is true. My Help with come through, always."
  • "I lift my eyes up. My help comes from the Lord."
These are just a few of the lyrics from Kristian Stanfill's chorus "Always." 

This chorus has been my heart's anthem this week. 

You see, my husband and I took our just turned one-year old, Eliza, to the Pediatric Urology Department at Vanderbilt yesterday. We spent the last week waiting for the appointment, not sure of what the doctor would say would be wrong, not sure of what kind of treatment plan or what the future would hold for our Little Bit and our family. 

Our worship leader led the congregation in singing this song Sunday and my eyes burned with tears as I sang. I felt in my heart the depth of these truths and I realized the Holy Spirit was giving me the gift of this song. He has brought this tune and these words to my mouth over and over again in the days that followed. He knew I needed to focus on these facts and that I needed to declare my need for His help over and over again. 

In this song, I found transparency in my relationship with Him this week. 

I continually confessed my inadequacy and His supremacy. He continually reminded me of His presence and gave me His peace. The week was crazy, busy as most weeks are. Yet, He was constantly there, using this song to gently remind me that I "always" have Him and He will "always" see me through. 

The doctor told us that we have at least one more test to go and then we will know more. Her condition is common and curable. Eliza, by God's continued grace, will be fine. We still covet the prayers and seek His provision. I will still sing this chorus and "always" connect it to these days and this lesson He is teaching me through them. 

I am so thankful that God uses music to convey His truth to my soul. Thank you God for communicating with me this way. 

No comments: