Thursday, August 20, 2015

Accept Help

Today the cavalry arrived.

If you've read my blog posts this week, I have mentioned that I've got a few things going on. I've also mentioned that this Saturday is moving day.

Honestly, until this evening, I knew God would bring everything together. I knew He would make it work. I was doing my best to trust Him, but my To-Do List kept getting longer. I was falling in bed late at night with its contents running through my mind, sleep only coming when absolute exhaustion set in. I've been awaking at least 30 minutes before my alarm only to start chasing the thoughts I had been running from the night before.

How was I going to get it done?

The Lord God knew my needs.

Pride wanted me to tell my mom and my aunt, "I've got this. I can do it." Yet, they so badly wanted to make the 6 hour drive from Ohio to come help. I honestly -not sarcastically- could not tell them not to come.

They arrived in Middle Tennessee about 10:30 this morning. I told them how to get in the house, because I couldn't leave work to let them in. By the time I walked through the garage door about 4:00 this evening, I couldn't believe the amount of work they had accomplished. At 6:00 when I returned from my oldest daughter's Open House at school, I want to stand in the kitchen and cry. The younger two daughters had been fed and bathed. More importantly, I could see the answer to my prayers.

These ladies had literally taken my To-Do List and they "Did." Between the two of them, they have quite a few moves under their belts and, by the looks of my house, it really shows. God showed me that He was using them to meet my needs, to provide the way out from under all this weight.

I now know how it is all going to get done. The cavalry has pulled into town in a Chevy.

I didn't want to accept their help. Somehow, I thought I needed to do it on my own, like I needed to prove something to myself. Yet, God didn't design us to be able to do things on our own. He planned on us to need each other, to help one another but to accept assistance can mean having to deal with a sin issue.

My mom and my aunt have only just arrived and they've already been a huge blessing to me and my family. But before they could pack the first box or wash the first load or even make the drive down, I had to accept their help. I had to swallow my pride.

Dear Friend, I don't know what plates you have spinning or how God is making you more like Himself, but I do know that if you are letting your pride keep you from accepting help, you may be passing up the very thing that God is trying to bless your life with right now. Please don't let your sin keep you struggling through longer and harder than you have to. God may be trying to provide you with the very way out that you've been looking for.

Thank you Momma. Thank you Aunt Sherry.

No comments: