Saturday, March 26, 2016

What About Saturday?

Last Sunday was Palm Sunday…I spent quite a bit of time pondering what happened that day so many years ago as Jesus went up to Jerusalem.  As He instructed two of His disciples to bring Him a colt that had never been ridden...never been ridden!!  (If you know anything about untamed colts....they are NOT easily ridden!!  Amazing that the colt submitted to the King of Kings!!  Even the animals know who He is!)  As people worshipped Him because of all they had seen Him do.  That day was spectacular.  Prophesied.  Joyfully painful.

Yesterday was Good Friday…I spent quite a bit of time pondering what happened that day so many years ago as Jesus died for me. Terrible, horrific, unimaginable death. That day was painful.  Prophesied.  Fearful.  We say “It’s Friday but Sunday’s coming!”

Tomorrow, Sunday, is Easter…I will spend quite a bit of time pondering what happened that day so many years ago as Jesus arose from the grave!  Conquering death and sin and satan.  That day was beautiful.  Prophesied.  Glorious.  We say “He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!”

Today is Saturday….I am spending quite a bit of time pondering what happened this day so many years ago after Jesus died for me and before He presented Himself alive.  Where was He?  What was He doing?  1 Peter 3:18-22 speaks to it a little bit, but quite honestly, it leaves me wondering.  Questioning.  More pondering.

Truth is…I don’t know everything He was doing.  More importantly…I don’t need to know.  What I DO know is enough.  He has a plan…He will provide.  Always.  After all…there was a colt.  Ready.  Available.  Waiting for Him.  That is what I want to be.  Ready.  Available.  Waiting for Him…to speak.  To move.  To teach.  All of it.

On Good Friday we say “It’s Friday but Sunday’s coming” and on Easter Sunday we say “He is risen, He is risen indeed” but what do we say on the Saturday in between?  What I am going to say is “He has a plan and He will provide!”

No comments: