Friday, June 20, 2008

Frazzled Female

Have you ever felt like there should be more than just one of yourself? Have you ever wished for a duplicate of yourself in order to get everything on the list done? Well, I sure have. The past couple of weeks have been packed with so many errands, events, and travel that my head is swimming. As a bible study calls it, I am a frazzled female.


Personally, I could use a second me today. Before I left for our mission trip I mailed some insurance information and a cute and silly note to my youngest son. He was to mail the form back to our agent. As of last night he had not received the information so I stopped into my local agent for another copy.

Well dear sisters, apparently my life was pretty overwhelmed and I was in need of a second me when I mailed the form. My sweet agent laughed and told me that I had mailed the form to her with that cute and silly note. Imagine my shock and embarrassment. Thankfully, my agent is a wonderful Christian lady who fully understands. We both had a great laugh at my cost.


Of course, then I had to call my son and explain the situation. Now my family knows that I am half crazy anyway but Bryan quickly confirmed that I had reached a point of no return. He was rolling with laughter. Bad thing was that he was driving and almost had a wreck. (Ironic that the form I sent him was for a safe driving record.) I had to defend my honor by saying that I was doing way too much and that he, his dad, and brother had driven me over the edge.


Unfortunately, there is no other me. I can only do so much in a day. I lack in the organizational and administrative talents so I tend to put more on myself than I should. However, God has given me the ability to laugh at myself and make others laugh as well (sometimes at my expense). Sure, I would love to have a second me to help with my responsibilities. Problem is both of us would probably run into each other in all the confusion.


I think I will just stick to the one me. I know her weaknesses and strengths pretty well. I know that God will guide me through the tasks before me. I also know that when I am overloaded and I do a dumb stunt like mailing something to the wrong person God will provide an escape of laughter and of course chocolate.

No comments: