Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm Listening God

I was taught as a young child to read through the Bible. My dad would check and make sure I read everyday. We would start in January and be expected to be finishing Revelation by December. We did not have One Year Bibles, or other plans, we just read through each year.

As I read through year after year, God began to show me this is how He speaks to me. Everyday He has a plan and as I pick up His Word, He lays it out. 'The Living Word', there is nothing else like it.

Now when I pick up my Bible and open where I last left off, I look to God and ask "what"? What is it you want to tell me? I know there is never a time that I go to His Word that He does not have something to tell me. He has a plan to be changed, a path to walk, a sin to be confessed or correction to be made in my life.

I keep a Bible with me all the time. I keep one in my car for those times I have to wait. I look at the times stuck in traffic, sitting in a doctor's office, waiting for my children or husband as God's way of saying, "I need to tell you something".

Now when God stops me, I pick up my Bible and ask, "what do you want to show me, change about me, teach me?"

Are you listening? He is Speaking!

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

No comments: