Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Incarnation Day!

Every Christmas I ask God to give me a new insight or truth into the all too familiar Christmas story. (Some of the other ladies have touched on this through our December posts.) In years past I have found new revelations through the various people who were there and intimately witnessed the birth of our Savior. As a teen, I thought about how Mary and I were close to the same age and how overwhelmed I would be if I placed myself in her shoes. The first Christmas I was pregnant, I again began to relate to Jesus' mother in whole new ways. On other years it has been the shepherds or the wise men. I have even found meaning at how the angels must have wondered what God was up to, sending His Son in this way.

This Christmas, again God has been faithful to show me fresh insights to the Christmas story. In my personal Bible study in the book of Matthew I have been reading of Christ's Crucifixion. For my "pleasure" reading I found myself rereading Francine River's novella, Unafraid, based on the life of Mary. Both of these resources and every Christmas hymn I hear all seem to be reminding me of the incarnation.

The incarnation is God coming to earth, to be among His creation in the form of His creation. And He did so in the form of a tiny baby. Jesus being fully God and fully man. I cannot begin to wrap my mind around it, but I know that without it, I would be lost, without hope, without meaning, without life . . .

My Christmas season has been hectic too. I am blogging from my mom's in Ohio even now. But I just want to encourage you, like the other ladies before me, to take a few minutes to pause and really reflect on "the reason for the season." Christmas IS a religious holiday. Treat it as such.

From all of us ladies, to all of you and yours . . . Merry Incarnation Day!

P.S. Check back with us next week for more posts!

No comments: