Wednesday, December 31, 2008

THE DOWNSIDE OF MINISTRY

Truly, I love that my husband is in ministry. Truth be told, the majority of you that are reading this probably feel the same. It is an honor to know that what they are involved in pertains to eternity, and how great is that? Not very many people can say that about their professions.

But to me there is a downside...especially this time of year. I miss my family. I miss being around them for not just the big things, but for the little things as well. Like having them just pop in for no reason at all, or everyone getting together for Sunday afternoon lunch, or going to the sporting events that they are involved in, or... the list goes on and on.

Now don't get me wrong, I trust God and I would not want to be out of His will. But there is a part of me that longs for family. As I talk to some of our church members I can tell they don't understand. They have always lived where their family is and take for granted having them around. Often, they don't get it when I talk about wanting to go home to visit.

I was just wondering if any of you feel this way. I have learned to adapt, and 98% of the time I'm good with it, but there are times like now when I am "home" visiting family and realizing just how much I missed this past year.

At least I know that I get to spend eternity in Heaven with them....and I choose to believe our mansions will be next door!!

No comments: