Monday, January 26, 2009

He is Enough

I am so thankful that am still able to be a part of this BLOG! I was afraid that I might get ‘fired’ since I moved out of Tennessee!

In Experiencing God Henry Blackaby asked a very important question. “If all you had was a relationship with Me, would you be totally and completely satisfied?” The first time I was asked that question in 1992 I quickly answered and filled in the blank, ‘Yes!’ Life was great! Great job, great church, great ministry, great friends, great life!

Fast forward to 1993. I was miserable. We had just moved to a state far away, I had no job, no ministry, no friends, no house, no ‘stuff’ because it was all stored in the church since we were living in a dentist’s office (for which we were very grateful!! We had not yet found a house) and God asked me the same question. “Dana, if all you had was a relationship with Me, would you be totally and completely satisfied”? I fell to the ground and wept. Cried out loud. Face down. Broken.

You see, a year earlier when He asked me that question…He knew the answer was NOT ‘yes’! He knew that I was getting my joy from circumstances, relationships, stuff etc. and so when those things were taken away….so was my joy.

Fast forward to 2009
I am now in a….
Different state
Different town
Different church
Different house


With….
No job
No friends
No ministry
Temporary home (again, for which we are sooo grateful for!! We are still waiting to sell our house and find one here)
No stuff (left it all behind in our house)

But….
I have the same incredible, merciful, sustaining God!!


My state of mind is so different this time around. He continues to teach me that He is enough!! The song that says ‘All of Him is more than enough for all of me…’ I believe should say…..just a touch of Him is more than enough for all of me!! Just to touch the hem of His garment is more than enough!!!

So, let me ask you a question. If all you had was a relationship with God would you be totally and completely satisfied??


He is enough!!

No comments: