Friday, January 2, 2009

WHAT A WAY TO START THE YEAR

This has been such a good week. After having both of our girls and family home for Christmas
Randy, Wendy (our oldest) and I drove to Alabama to see our extended family. We don't get a lot of one on one time with Wendy because she and her husband Kevin live in NC where he is in seminary. He left to go back the day after Christmas to go on a mission trip to Amsterdam, so we have her to ourselves. We spent time just catching up with everyone and really enjoyed being together.

Yesterday we drove from Alabama to Murfreesboro to spend some time with our youngest daughter Beth, her husband Derrick and our granddaughter Maddie. Beth and Wendy don't get much time together either so we decided today to have a day of doing just what we want. After working out we are getting ready to go to Franklin for an afternoon of shopping and lunch. Our plans are to come home and cook supper and then watch the Alabama game (Randy and his girls are HUGE fans).

I can't think of anything I would rather do than spend time with my family. Days like today are what makes great memories. I couldn't help thinking after having my devotion that this is how the Lord feels about us. He loves spending time with us. Sometimes that is hard to conceive that the God of the universe wants to spend time with me.

I am praying that this new year will allow a lot more time with my family and a lot more time with the Lord.

No comments: