Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh My!

Do you ever feel like the new year creeps up on you? I have just had one of those moments! For the third time this week I logged on to see who was blogging and what they had to say. Seeing no new posts, I thought to myself, "Well, someone sure is slipping . . ." It is just like me to assume that someone else is shirking their responsibilities instead of me. So I figured, just in case it is supposed to be me, I will check the blog schedule really quick. I scanned down the page and saw a week in February with my name on it and about closed the download, when I noticed there my name was . . . right at the top! With my email address next to it and everything, I was about to totally miss it.

This week is a pretty average week. My husband reported back to the office. My daughter returned to school and I thought I had everything organized for my "new" week and "new" year. Keeping a house running and a family going are not easy jobs. Then when we add in church and all her responsibilities, it is so easy to let something slip. All too often, I have seen ministers and their wives let their family duties slide because those things they are doing for the church will be what will really last. Right? Just when I thought I had everything together, God gently nudges me and asks me to look again. . . 

So, dear sister, I hope that you are getting the new year off to a better start than I am! I pray that God will prompt our hearts to the things He values most so we can organize our lives not around our families or even our churches, but around Him. Then we can REST in the knowledge that He won't let that which is truly important fall by the wayside in our tendency to be busy . . . during even an "average" week. 

I promise to post a couple more times this week . . . Please check in and let me know some of your resolutions  . . . or maybe the reason(s) that you don't make those crazy things anymore . . .

No comments: