Wednesday, May 6, 2009

GRAND BABY!

I have to share with you the wonderful news! On Easter weekend I received a locket from my son Stephen and his wife Carrie. I opened it and inside was a beautiful ultrasound picture of my new grand baby - Our first!

During my illness with cancer there were more times that I was told I was not going to make it than I care to remember. During one of those times I shared with Carrie how I wished God would allow me to see at least one of my grandchildren. When they gave me the locket, on the back was engraved, I Samuel 1:27 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."

When it dawned on me what I was seeing I looked at Carrie and she said, "God heard your request." Of course what followed was lots of screaming, laughing, crying, hugging and the family 'dance of joy'!!

Yesterday I met Carrie at the doctors office and saw my grandchild growing, moving and I am pretty sure waving at me! What a joy, a miracle, a gift!

This has been a great time of celebration for us, but it has been a reminder as well. Our God is the Creator. He is in control. As I looked at those fingers, toes, arms, legs and even listened to that heart beating, I could hear my God saying, "Be still and know I am God."

Take time today to remember your Creator. He loves you and wants to take care of everything you are facing today!

No comments: