Friday, May 29, 2009

Still Making Lists!

This weekend is dance recital weekend in the Vinson house. Grammie and Poppa are coming from out of town. We went to rehearsal last night and received a ton of instructions for the next few days. As a result, it seems as if I have at least two tons of things to remember and think through. Afraid that I will forget something, I have made a list . . . To be honest, I may  have gone a little overboard . . . I have actually made about 5 lists this week . . . 

Well, I have my weekly "To-Do" list that I make every week containing the tasks and projects I hope to have completed by Sunday evening before I make the next week's list. This list includes laundry, ironing, cleaning, errands and such. Then I have both a Kroger's list AND a Wal-Mart list since I am trying to save a little money here and there (literally!). And I was wondering this morning if I shouldn't try to have a Sam's Club list since I have found that is the best place to buy the baby's formula. I also have a list of things I need to do before the first recital performance this evening, which includes a sub-list of things I need to make sure that I remember to pack. For example, I wrote that I needed to charge the camera batteries, but I also wrote down that I needed to remember to PACK the cameras. I mean what good will it be to have the batteries charged and in the cameras if we leave the cameras at home?

Is your mind swimming yet? Sometimes, I think in our efforts to simplify and organize our lives, we just make them more complicated. Amen? 

This morning I had a special gift from my God, a great, simple, uncomplicated 30 minutes with Him. I made the coffee and sat still. He kept my girls asleep and just reminded me of what I really needed to remember- He is God. Thank you Lord, for gently putting things in perspective this morning. I needed that. And I trust Him to help me prioritize all those things I "must" remember today. If I keep my focus upon Him, my lists won't run my day. He will.

Let me encourage you to be still and know that He IS God.

No comments: