Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seeing God

This morning I offered to help a friend. As I was driving the sun was coming up and the sky was turning a beautiful blue. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day.

I have just recently finished teaching a class on the beatitudes and one of my favorite beatitudes was "Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God." As we studied this beatitude we began to talk about 'seeing God.' Of course, we all referred to the time we would see Him face to face in heaven, but we learned that each of these truths also applied to the here and now.

I so enjoy talking to my Lord in the car. We have some wonderful conversations each day as I am driving. Today I began with praise and followed with confession. As I began to confess and ask for God to shine His light on my heart, He was faithful to show me changes of attitude and actions that needed to be made. He gently demanded repentance in areas of my heart. I responded and gratefully accepted His forgiveness.

Now what does this have to do with 'Seeing God?' Everything!

As I allow God to clean me, purpose in my heart to 'think on things above', He begins to open my eyes to everything and everyone around me. I see His hand as Creator, His mercy as forgiver, His love as Savior - I see God in every step of my day.

I pray you will take time to see God today. Let Him start with your heart and agree with Him about sin - You will be blessed and you will 'see God.'

No comments: