Friday, June 19, 2009

Ultimate Extreme Makeover



As you know summer is in full force. It is hot and humid. It is the kind of weather that almost smothers you. It is the kind of weather that makes me only want to sit by the neighborhood pool or better yet float on my raft in the pool.

Although I am a true southern girl with a thick southern drawl, I am not a fan of our southern weather. First, I sweat. It is not a ladylike glisten but a very unflattering dripping wet sweat. It is the kind of sweat that makes you feel gross and grumpy. Second, no amount of hair washing or hair products will keep my blonde locks from wilting. Third, summer clothes are just not flattering on me. They reveal rolls, bumps and all the flabby spots. At times I really wish I could have an extreme makeover.

Okay, I have whined enough. After glancing back over these words, I realize that one day all Christ believers will experience the ultimate extreme makeover.

Girlfriends, when we meet Jesus we will have bodies that are whole and perfect. No more flab, wrinkles, rolls, disease or sore joints. Rev. 15:52 declares we will be changed “in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye.” Even better Rev. 21:4 states, “He (God) will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain.” Halleluiah!

Our old sinful, worn out, stressed out lives will be made perfect. Talk about the ultimate extreme makeover! Girlfriends, let’s not bemoan our current imperfections but look forward to the hope of perfection.


P.S. I am just wondering if anyone out there is planning to attend the SBC ministers wives luncheon. Yesterday, Dana posted that she has a free ticket. If you planned to attend, let me hear from you because I would love to meet you.

No comments: