Friday, June 26, 2009

Please Pray 4 Clarksville

It is with very mixed emotions that I write this post this morning. 

I totally believe that God has some very big plans for this area that my family and I call home. You may not know that Clarksville is the 9th fastest growing metropolitan area in the nation. Nearby Ft. Campbell is growing and the city just landed the largest single investment in the state's history with the commitment of a major company to build a factory here. While most areas of the country have been hit with growing job loses and a suffering housing market, Clarksville is in the unique position of not having enough homes for the area's projected growth. Yes, Clarksville is on the verge of something big . . .

With my husband working for our local association, we get a unique perspective on what God is doing across the area. Churches are growing. New ministries are being started. It is an exciting time to be in Clarksville if you are a Christ follower. 

BUT . . . (here is where my prayer request comes!) Satan and his forces are attacking. They see the potential too and aren't sitting idly by. 

World Changers has come to Clarksville for the first time. They are poised and ready to spread the gospel as they lovingly, sacrificially work on the homes of needy residents. However, there has been roadblock after roadblock as Satan has attempted to block their work. Yet, our God is bigger and more powerful as He has brought each obstacle down in His timing. Pray for the students and the leadership as they work for Him this next week.

Another area that Satan has attacked is in some devastating news from one of our churches. A young youth minister has been arrested this week on some horrible charges. Unfortunately, they appear to be true. The church is in shock, as I am sure this man's young wife is too. Personally, I thought I knew this young man and am having trouble thinking through all of it. I am turning to God through prayer. It is the only thing I know to do. Please join me. 

I never thought Clarksville would be the center of so much . . . but we do live in a fallen world during evil times. God, in His word, encouraged us to on our guard for Satan as he prowls around like a lion looking to devour. Pray for your area too. If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere . . . It is only by His grace. 

No comments: