Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Unknown Prayers

God laid this ministry on Lana’s heart over a year ago and she was obedient to follow Him and make it happen. I had not met most of the remarkable, Godly, talented women who write/post on this blog before this adventure…but I did know Karen.

Actually, I knew about Karen long before I had the privilege to meet her. She and Doug worked with my husband (who I had not met yet) in Fort Worth, Texas in a non-denominational ministry to high school students called Young Life. He has many stories of the three of them hanging out, actually four of them….often it would include my now husband’s dog Parnelli!! Time-table: approximately the mid 1970’s.

The first time I actually got to meet Karen was several years ago when Ernie invited her to come and share with our church in Tennessee. I picked her up at the airport and immediately connected with her and loved her right away. She is the real deal. Genuine. A lover of God and a lover of life. Those of you who know her know this to be true…and those of you who read her postings know that she is deep, yet personal.

The short time she was with us during that visit, she shared something so profound to me that I have never forgotten it, I am continually overwhelmed by it, and awed at our amazing God! Here is the gist of what she said...

“Doug and I prayed for you. We did not know your name or who you were, but we knew Ernie needed and wanted a wife and we prayed for God to provide you for him.”

Ladies, I never knew anyone was praying for me…much less someone I did not know! Often times we think we are alone. That God is unaware. That nothing seems to be happening. Yet…our Father raises up people to intercede in our behalf. He is at work behind the scenes. The question is this: who do we need to be interceding for that we do not even know? Never underestimate the significance of the insignificant things you do.

Karen, thank you for praying for me before you even knew me! Please know that it has been my privilege to pray for you as you “enjoy your journey” and you must believe that God has raised up many, whom you do not even know that read this blog, praying for you!

No comments: