Monday, February 15, 2010

Blessing-Part One

There are so many things that I could write about this week but I feel God is leading me in a totally unique way. No, I will not write about chocolate or the beach, however, I cannot promise that those two words will not make in the blog post. I feel God is prompting me to affirm or bless my two wonderful staff wives with whom I have the privilege to serve. However, before I do, I believe I need to explain why I believe it is important to affirm or bless others around you.


First, the word of God says to “encourage” one another. As you know serving in a ministry role is an overwhelming task. Our husband must juggle church, home, and community plus handle the administrative demands, criticism, and much more. Often, much of the “junk” gets shoveled on to us and we can become weighed down with helping our husband carry those burdens while shouldering our own. Each minister’s wife, no matter what role your husband serves in, deserves to be affirmed and encouraged.


Second, I believe in blessing one another. According to Encarta World Dictionary, to bless is “to express heartfelt thanks to somebody; to declare approval or support for somebody or something.” Trust me, no material gift can compare to a heartfelt thank you or a word of support.

So girlfriends, if God continues to lead this way, I hope you will allow me to bless my two staff wives. In turn I hope it will give you the courage to bless your fellow staff wife or a staff wife that you know elsewhere. (Feel free to post your comment on our blog site too).

No comments: