Monday, February 1, 2010

ON THE ROAD AGAIN....

For the last several weeks I have had the wonderful opportunity of going with Randy all over the State. He has been visiting Associations and the Directors of Missions in different areas. I sometimes drive him to where he is going so he can catch up on phone calls, emails, and church related things.



I have always thought that Tennessee was a beautiful state, but I never realized how much of it I had not seen! There is so much variation from one side to the other. However, today there was an added bonus.



I think the majority of the State got some snow over the weekend. And it WAS beautiful. But this morning as we drove out of our driveway, the trees had been completely covered in ice. The weather people called it Ice Fog. As the fog develops, and it is so cold, the water vapor freezes and it forms ice on the trees. It was one of the most gorgeous sights I have ever seen. Absolutely breathtaking. Then we had the opportunity to ride across the Plateau and there was so much more snow there. Icicles were hanging off the cliffs on the side of the road and the landscape looked so clean and pretty.



Another thing I realized was that you notice a lot more when it snows. I have been across the Plateau a lot in the last few weeks, but I saw things for the first time that I had not paid any attention to before. Nothing spectacular and really out of the ordinary, like barns and fields and rolling hills. They had been there all the time....I just never noticed.



I wonder how much more has God placed before me that I never see? The things I take so much for granted. His handiwork! I am very thankful that today looked different so I could take the time to really notice.



The Psalmist sure was right when he said that God was worthy of our praise!!!

No comments: