Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A True Christian Gentleman

When Wally and I first married, he was serving as a student minister at a wonderful church in Bardstown, Kentucky. God did not keep us there too long, but He did touch our lives with some wonderful people.

Mr. Ken Dennison and his sweet wife, Jill, were two of those people. They were always positive, always encouraging and always willing to serve -whatever the need might be. He relished those behind-the-scenes, get-no-credit jobs. He didn't want any recognition and often shrugged it off when he happened to get it. He loved his family, his church, and his God. You could tell in his smile or his eyes or just how he spoke.

I hope that you have a mental picture of sorts of Mr. Ken. I pray that you have had someone similar to him pop into your mind as you've read my description of this dear saint. I bring him up tonight, because tonight he is with Jesus.

I believe that he has been ill for quite some time, but his passing has seemed sudden to us. When you don't see someone for awhile, you tend to always remember them the way that they were the last time you saw them. Mr. Ken wasn't sick then.

Wishing I still had the opportunity to thank Mr. Ken for allowing God to use him in our lives and the life of the church, I am encouraging you to go ahead and thank the true Christian gentlemen and ladies in your life. You never know when God might call them home to Himself. At the very least, take a moment and at least thank God for how He has used these saints in your life. Pray that you might fill this role for someone else.

I promise to post something more positive before the week's end!

No comments: