Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blessings Part Two-"We are Going to be Friends."

When my husband and I came to our present church in view of a call, there was only one other staff wife. When the morning service ended, this lady came running up to me, grabbed me, and stated with a smile, “Hi, I’m Susan and we are going to be friends.” This is literally how I meant Susan Green our worship leader’s wife. Three years later Susan and I are not only fellow staff wives but we are friends. I love her dearly.

Susan always has a beautiful smile on her face. She speaks with gentleness and kindness. She is full of grace and patience as well. Susan will never seek the center stage. Instead she quietly stands in the background serving her Lord.

However, Susan is a minister’s wife who does play the piano. I am not just talking hymns. This talented lady feels her music and while she is playing one can feel her worshipping the Lord. She also uses her talent to teach piano and she works with our children’s music ministry. She is her husband’s encourager and sounding board in our ministry music. What is really cool about these two servants of God is that they work as a team at church and in their family.

In addition to her service at church, Susan is the mother of a wonderful little girl. I love to watch her with her daughter. She displays patience and grace with her. Even though she is a busy lady, Susan never is too busy to listen and laugh with her daughter. I firmly believe this precious child will grow up to be a wonderful mother and servant of God because of Susan.

Now we all know that our children can challenge us so I had to laugh when I asked Susan to share her favorite bible verse with me for on this day she was having a hard day with her daughter. Susan responded, “Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” Susan added several exclamation points at the end to describe her day. I find it comforting to know that even the most gracious women still face difficult days when raising their children.

On a more serious note Susan loves Ephesians 3:20-21 which states, “Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.” Let me say that this dear sister truly is used of God to do great things. Susan allows God to flow through her life and through her music in order that those around her may see the glory of God.

Girlfriends, I admire this special lady so much. Although our first Sunday here at our church was a little scary and nerve racking, I had already asked God to place a friend here for me. On that Sunday in view a call to the church, God answered with my dear friend, Susan.

No comments: