Monday, March 29, 2010

His Story

Good Morning Ladies! I pray your Sunday was a day of worship and relaxation, oops, almost forgot...you are a minister's wife! (kidding, kindof)

As I went to sleep last night I prayed about where to start today. God reminded me of the beautiful yellow flowers that I saw blooming yesterday. This is the time of year that without a doubt the earth proclaims, "He is Risen!"

My question to you is, "Are you making the same proclaimation with your life?"

Let me share with you something I did with the women of my church that opened some opportunities to get to know them better.

One spring, close to Easter, I decided to share with the women what "His Story" was in my life. I sent a church wide letter to each woman of our congregation. In that letter I took time to share a little about me, my upbringing and the first time I heard God calling my name. It was not long or extremely detailed, but it was very personal. I shared where I started with my God, some of the places we had been together and where I was heading or at least my goals in my relationship with Him.

I cannot tell you the amazing things God did with that simple letter. Women who had never spoken to me, sought me out to thank me and share. Women who doubted their salvation came to ask questions. Women who were shy, lonely or thought they should not bother me, felt they knew me well enough to approach me.

We were at a large church and it was difficult to get to know everyone, yet sharing His Story in my life led me to many new relationships and times of ministry.

Psalm 98:4 "Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice and sing praises..."

We have nothing in our life that should cause more reason to "Shout Joyfully" than our salvation story. Gift your women this Easter with His Story in your life and be ready to be blessed!

No comments: