Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Manequin in the Baptistry???

This past weekend I had an opportunity to speak on the Gulf Coast. A group of ladies from the church Randy pastored for 13 years were having a retreat. We had a great time, but God confirmed again to me why we had to move 12 hours away from this beloved place.

You see, I have a tendency to get in trouble. One of my dearest friends, Judy Lott, was also one of the leaders during the retreat. She and I have been in the center of so much commotion concerning church functions for years. Not long before God made us move to Tennessee Judy found a manequin. We had such fun with that lady!!! She showed up in the strangest places...
like on the toilet in a bathroom at a bridal shower (boy were those ladies surprised!!) and at the desk of Randy's secretary, who just happened to be one of my closest friends. Her name was Pam, and to this day, she is the only lady I have ever sent roses to---after scaring her half to death with our little friend. Anyway, the clincher was going to be when we floated the manequin in the baptistry during the week (never on a Sunday!!) for the staff to find. However, I guess God thought that was going a little too far, and he moved us before I could ruin Randy's ministry.

But this weekend, another manequin surfaced. We were staying at this huge house that had a small bathroom downstairs near where we were meeting. There was a glass shower kind of tucked in behind the door so you didn't really see it until you sat on the potty. We stood the manequin up in the corner of the shower and just left it there. It was hysterical to hear the reaction from different ones when they saw it. All the ladies were talking out in the room and you couldn't really hear the screams unless you were standing outside the bathroom door. So the ladies were unaware of what was going on until they went in to the bathroom. So over and over, one by one, we surprised them. I laughed until my side hurt.

Aren't you glad that God gives us good friends and laughter and the ability to have a good time?
I am thankful that He has allowed us to enjoy the "abundant life" He gave us.

3 comments:

Pat said...

This is hilarious!! And who said pastor's wives can't have fun???

Lynn J. said...

Jeanne, Sounds like something I would do, and continue to do. Isn't it fun to laugh. Don't you know that when Jesus laughed, I bet it was a WONDERFUL sound.
Lynn J
Flewellyn Baptist

Lynn J. said...

Jeanne, Sounds like something I would do, and keep doing. Isn't it fun to laugh? Don't you know that when Jesus laughed, I bet it was a WONDERFUL sound.
Lynn J
Flewellyn Baptist