Friday, December 3, 2010

Calling All Bi-Vo Wives






I would like to personally invite you to the:
Bi-Vocational Ministers and Wives Retreat
Music Road Hotel & Convention Center
Pigeon Forge, TN
February 3 – 5, 2011

This year’s theme is “COME AWAY WITH ME-- God." Registration begins at 1:00 on Thursday and the last session is at 11:30 on Saturday. You will not want to miss this year. Featured Personalities scheduled are: Roger Britton, Randy Davis, Jeanne Davis, Jamie English, Jr., Charles Foster, John Franklin, Diane Gilder, Ray Gilder, Michael Kelley, Al Mahan, Don Person, Trish Pierson, Tony Rankin and our own Lana Rose.
Cost: $175 per couple which includes your hotel, meals and breaks. Deposit is due by 12/15/2010. Full payment due 1/15/2011. No Refunds after 1/25/2011.
If you have never attended, please make plans to do so. I promise you will not be disappointed. Roger and I have been attending for many years. Our first retreat was back when it was held at Fall Creek Falls. Our deacons had seen the retreat advertised and decided that they wanted to send us to it. I did not want to go. I was burned out. I had smaller children and no one to watch them and to be honest with you, at the time, I felt that I needed a vacation, but certainly not to some ole conference where we had to sit and listen to preaching all day and act “spiritual”. I was not feeling very “spiritual” at that time. Anyway, my husband said we had to go because the deacons wanted us to and the church was paying for it, so we drove to Alabama and brought my mom back to watch our kids and off we went.
The retreat was NOTHING like I expected. There was a room full of pastors and wives that felt JUST LIKE WE DID. Everyone was stressed, burned out and needed a break. We got to let our hair down and just RELAX. We have never left a retreat that we were not refreshed and uplifted. Our church continues to send us every year. They say it is money well spent because their pastor and his wife come back with a burst of energy and on fire for the Lord. They reap the benefits. I might mention that once we settled down and relaxed, then we did have great teaching, sharing, singing, entertainment and preaching……..but it was ALL GOOD.
Roger and I look forward to the retreat each year. It is a time of refreshing, renewing, and LOTS OF FELLOWSHIP with the friends we have made over the years. We come away with a booster shot that lasts us until the next retreat.
Click here for the link to
REGISTER.
Send in your registration and I look forward to seeing you in February.

No comments: