Thursday, December 30, 2010

There's No Place Like Home!

Sigh!

It is nice to be home. Last night we returned to Clarksville from visiting my family in the Dayton, Ohio area. We had a wonderful Christmas celebration there, enjoying the fellowship with friends and family. However, my youngest and I ended up fighting a stomach bug. We were quite ready to sleep in our own space and in our own beds.

We had a blessed Christmas season and I found myself yet again amazed that our Mighty God would come to earth, to live among His creation as a poor carpenter's baby -born not in a mighty mansion but a barn, laid not in a golden crib but a feeding trough for smelly livestock.

Ah, yes God is good.

I look around my house now and there are bags to unpack, laundry to be done and Christmas goodies to put away. There is no doubt that there is a ton to do. But I am thankful to be here. I am thankful for today. I am thankful for my incredible God.

Now, to make some coffee and unpack my Bible. I have some time I need to spend in His word.

I hope you have had an amazing Christmas holiday. Please feel free to post what God has shown you this holiday.

No comments: