Monday, December 6, 2010

Good News

As the decorations go up and the kitchen becomes the center of activity we have a tradition that is not one we chose. This is the time of year I travel to Houston to MD Anderson for all my cancer tests. I will walk into the hospital early in the morning and walk out that evening. I will be poked, prodded, stuck, have xrays, mri's c-scans, drink awful stuff and have radio active dye put in my veins. It is a long day that often includes some pain.

The hospital will quietly be playing Christmas tunes and there will be trees and decorations throughout. I will see thousands of people as I walk through the day. Some will be smiling, some will be crying, some will be sleeping while waiting, all are hoping for good news.

This has become a family tradition for us. My sons wait for the call at the end of the week. They pray for good news. We all hope that Christmas will be cancer free. We are grateful if the news is just - no change.

I have to tell you that hearing the words cancer free would be good news. I have actually never heard those words since I started this journey, yet I am for the moment very healthy.

As I think about the good news that all those people in Houston want to hear, I am aware that we all have the "Good News" that they need.

Jesus is our Good News. We know that, we hear it every Sunday and at every Christmas party, but are we sharing with those around us? Are you aware of the need in the lives of those around you for Good News?

Take time to notice those God brings into your life. Share with them the ultimate Good News.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Praying for you as you make this trip. Maybe this will be the year God gives you the gift of those words "cancer free" for Christmas!

Dana said...

Just wanted you to know you are being prayed for!!