Monday, December 13, 2010

White Christmas

Well, if you live in the middle Tennessee or eastern part of the state, I know you experienced the snowfall yesterday. I found myself humming "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" all day along plus I cannot tell you how many cups of hot chocolate I sipped. I mean, I got to experience three of my favorite things-snow, Christmas song, and chocolate! Seriously, as I watched the beautiful snow drift down toward earth, I got all warm and fuzzy inside and began to think about God.



First, snowflakes are so delicate and each one is unique. Can you imagine no two flakes are alike? Only the God of the universe could create infinite possibilities of snowflakes!
In the same way our Heavenly Father created each of us to be unique individuals. Our possibilities are endless.



Second, snowflakes are white. I wonder why God did not choose to provide different hues for snowflakes. I think a few blue, pink, and purple flakes would provide an interesting mix until they melted. Then, the colors would mix together and become some ugly, nasty color. No, I like to think our Father chose the color white to remind us that our sins are forgiven and we are washed white as snow.



Third, as the snow fell yesterday, gust of wind would blow the flakes in circles. At times the snow and wind mix became a total chaotic blur. I began to realize that our lives are like the snowflakes. We are delicate and unique but sometimes the storms of life blow us in all directions. Unless we keep the Father close by we will find ourselves in a chaotic blur as well.



As Christmas approaches, I hope we have another snow. I have never experienced a white Christmas but I personally think it would add a magical element to the day and a quick reminder that Jesus came to earth to forgive us of our sins and make us white as snow.


Share Thought for Today: What is your favorite Christmas memory?

1 comment:

TXGirl said...

Hearing my 4 year old singing Christmas songs 24/7.