Sunday, December 19, 2010

An Important Question

So, I have a very important question for you….I would LOVE to know what you do about sending out Christmas cards. Deep huh? Seriously, what do you normally do?? The task can be overwhelming and quite expensive and I really want to get your ideas and suggestions that have worked for your family.

Do you…

1. Not send them at all?
2. Put one for each family in the RA or GA “Lottie Moon” Christmas mailbox?
3. Put one for some families in the “Lottie Moon” Christmas mailbox? If so, how do you determine who gets one and who does not?
4. Mail only to those who are out of town?
5. Mail to everyone at church?
6. Mail to certain ones at church? If so, do you run into the same dilemma as number three above? Who gets one and who does not?
7. Send one to everyone who sends you one?
8. Write Christmas letters?
9. Send pictures?
10. Say it in the December newsletter?
11. Other

You see, we have not given a card/letter/picture to every family in our church…but I would LOVE to!! BUT I also really want to write something personal on all my cards…not just a signature…so time is an issue AND not to mention the expense!! I truly want to wish our church families a Merry Christmas and honestly would LOVE to know what you do and what has worked for you! How do you wish your church Merry Christmas?

3 comments:

Pat said...

We usually send a letter to close friends and family, but that just hasn't happened this year. In the past we have done one letter & picture to the church and hung it on the bulletin board or put a greeting in the newsletter. The churches that have the Lottie Moon deliveries--we did participate and used the church directory to ensure we didn't miss anyone. It just isn't feasible to send cards to everyone and risk forgetting someone. I do love the letters because it is less time consuming (once it is compiled), but still has that personal touch.

Tara said...

Dana,

Great question. We usually don't. Not because we don't want to. Usually it is an expense and a time thing. If I did ever get around to it, I have wanted to mail to those friends from the churches we have served in the past. Not everyone, just the people who seemed to be the most significant.

Kathy Britton said...

I go crazy with cards. First...I purchase the cards in January and gets LOTS OF THEM and store them for the next year. We use the church directory and give every family a card, using the Lottie Moon Delivery. I type an annual Christmas letter and include those to our friends and family that live out of town. Since the cards are purchased so early, if I have time, I slowly add a quick personal line or two to the cards. If I do not have time, I give them anyway. Smile.