Monday, November 1, 2010

Changing Leaves

We all have our favorite seasons. I enjoy each season and am glad that here in Tennessee we get to experience four distinct seasons.

The leaves have just about finished changing. They have been beautiful. The oranges, reds, browns and yellows have been vibrant and breath taking this year. There are times when I am driving down the road that I need to pull off because I cannot take my eyes off God's beautiful creation. I hope you have taken time to enjoy this blessing from our Creator.

The thing that I do not like about fall, is the fact that everything is dying. As the leaves fall, they die. My flowers around my mailbox are just about gone. The flowers in the pots on my deck are all dead. It is time to pull up, throw out and get ready for the next growing season.

As you watch nature change around you, take time to let God pull up and throw out the strongholds in your life. Let those things die that have been keeping you from the abundant life we are promised. Pull up those roots of bitterness and make room for the fresh growth God wants to produce in you.

As we allow God to work in us we can be sure that His work will produce fruit. Fall and winter are a great time to spend getting to know more about our Creator. Falling deeper in love with our God will bring a beautiful spring, but we need some time to be still and let Him work. Let the old things that are not furthering God's Kingdom in your life go, pull them up and throw them out. Make room for new growth.

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ lives in me; and the life that I now life in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

No comments: