Thursday, November 11, 2010

Human Moments-Continued

I think I hit a cord with some wives in yesterday's post when I asked how God's sense of humor made us or our families look human to our congregation. The comment posted had me reeling with laughter and brought to mind another human moment in my family.


Our youngest son, Bryan, has always been an active, imaginative child. Even at twenty-four years of age, he can weave a tall tale and never blink an eye. (I personally think he aquired this talent from his Grandpa Lee and Great-Grandfather Ward.)


When Bryan was in Mother's Day Out as a preschooler, he often had his teacher and the director in stitches. One day my precious child made a new friend at school. Unfortuately, Gabe did not speak good English because he had just come to the states from Puerto Rico. When Gabe began asking the teacher a question, the teacher could not understand him. With his imagination on full throttle, Bryan excitedly stated, "Oh that's okay teacher. I understand Gabe. You see, we speak in tongues at our church."


Needless to say Bryan's preschool teacher and the director met me in the hallway after class. Standing in front of me, they were laughing so hard they could barely talk. Shaking my head, I could only reply, "What did Bryan do now?"


Girlfriends, God does have a sense of humor. If we take ourselves and the ministry too seriously, He will place something in our face that makes us laugh. Better yet when we attempt to cover up our very human moments, God will pull back the curtains on our glass house and reveal those human moments to the world. Oh girls, just learn to laugh and be real!


So share more stories with me. I love it and I need a good laugh.

(As I was writing this post, Bryan walked in. When I told him what I was blogging about, he said to tell you that God gave him a great imagination and he is not wasting that talent.)

No comments: