Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Special Invitation

Hey Sisters,
Do you like to have fun and fellowship with other ladies? Do you prefer chocolate over vegetables? Are you into FREE stuff? Are you up for winning fabulous door prizes such as cruise or a free week vacation? Well girlfriends, I want to invite you to two special events at state convention next week that are geared just for ministers wives.



The Good Cup (FREE!!)
Grace Baptist Church (Cullum Hall), 7171 Oak Ridge Hwy, Knoxville, TN
Monday, November 8 from 1:00-3:30 p.m.
Special Guest: Jeff and Debbie McElroy, Forever Families Ministries
This event is geared toward ministers wives who want to come together for food and
fellowship. It is an opportunity for you to come and just be YOU. We will also have a panel
made up of ministers wives from across the state to discuss questions you have.



Ministers Wives Luncheon ($15)
Wallace Memorial Baptist Church (Atrium), 701 Merchant Dr., Knoxville
Tuesday, November 9 from Noon-!:30 p.m.
Special Guest: Jeff and Debbie McElroy, Forever Families Ministries and Grace Praise
Team, Grace Baptist Church in Knoxville
Come share in a meal with other ministers wives across the state. At this event everyone
walks away with a goodie bag filled with little surprises. Also, there will be many door
prizes given away which include a free week vacation and a cruise!!!



Girlfriends, I love both of these events and let me explain why. Four years ago my husband and I moved to Tennessee and left family and friends. I was so lonely. I was just a lost lamb walking among strangers. However, God placed Lana Rose, TBC staff person and who is over ministers wives in the state, and she helped me find my place among Tennessee Baptist. I have been so blessed for the past three years to serve on two committees with our state convention working with ministers and ministers wives. During this time I have met some awesome sisters in the ministry who will be forever friends.



So dear girlfriends, I hope to see you at The Good Cup and the luncheon this week. We promise lots of laughter and possibly a few tears. Oh yeah, look me up. I'll be the blonde chick hovering around the chocolate dessert area!

No comments: