Monday, November 22, 2010

Choose To Be Glad

"The Lord has done great things for us; we are glad." Psalm 126:2

This was one of the verses in my Bible reading this morning and I found it quite fitting for the Monday before Thanksgiving.

I don't know about things at your house and church, but at mine, things seem to really be gearing up. Christmas parties, projects and ministries are either being planned or in full swing. There are trips to pack for, dishes to prepare and parcels to package. My to-do list is growing and growing. For everything I seem to be able to cross off, I add at least two more items on.

Sometimes the happiest times of the year can be the craziest and hardest to allow ourselves to enjoy. So, after reading this verse this morning and in an effort to apply what I heard my husband preach yesterday, I am choosing this year to be glad.

The table may not look like a magazine layout on Thursday. The tree may not be decorated by the week's end. This may not be the year I actually get Christmas cards mailed. BUT, I have decided to let these things go so I may remember the great things the Lord has done for us and BE GLAD.

I am praying God will help me to prioritize, so that this year the holidays will be remembered for what we remembered, (those things that God has done for us), and for the gladness that He has given us through them.

This year, I am challenging you and your house to make this choice for yourselves, your family and your ministry. Think of the amazing things that God could do if you were seeking Him instead of that must-have gift. Choose now what your priorities will be, before you are sucked in and sucked under! No body should drown in the tinsel this year! Choose to be glad.

No comments: