Friday, November 26, 2010

"Give thanks . . . for He is Good"

"Praise the Lord!
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good,
for His steadfast love endures forever."
Psalm 106:1

Tonight, my house is quiet. The turkey has been eaten. The china has been washed, dried and put away. The joys of Black Friday consisted of a slow day at home. Right now, I can hear Piper, my 20 month-old, snoring in the baby monitor. Wally is watching a blow-out of a football game. And I am surrounded by the loosely-organized chaos of decorating for Christmas.

I don't know what these last few days have held for you, but I am betting that your house may be a little like mine tonight. You've baked, cooked, cleaned, loved, shopped, decorated, entertained and now you can take a moment to catch your breath. At least I thought I would.

I thought I would take a moment and post what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:

  • Him. Jesus, and His steadfast love that endures forever.
  • My husband, the godly leader of our home and fantastic father of our girls.
  • Riley and Piper, who ever lead me to seek God either in petition or praise.
  • The many blessings that He has made me a steward of - our home, resources, and days.
  • Ministry, whether through church, PTO, friendships. Those either long-planned or spontaneous opportunities to serve Him.
I am SO blessed.

What about you? Let me challenge you to stop, take a moment and put to words the things you are most thankful for this year. You could even post them to this blog ; )

No comments: