Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day to My Dad


This is the 16th Father's Day that you have been gone.  Many times I would love to just talk to you.  I wish you could see the adults that your grandchildren have become.  You would have been so proud of them.  Our son has your personality and walks just like you.  I guess those genes were strong. 

I love you and will see you again one day.  Shortly after you died, my friend gave me the poem and it meant a lot to me.

Last night while I was trying to sleep,
My Dad's voice I did hear,

I opened my eyes and looked around,
But he did not appear.

He said, "Daughter, you've got to listen,
You've got to understand,

God didn't take me from you,
He only took my hand.

When I called out in pain that day,
The moment that I died,

He reached down and took my hand,
And pulled me to His side.

He pulled me up and saved me
From the misery and pain.

My body was hurt so badly,
I could never be the same.

My search is really over now,
I've found happiness within,

All the answers to my empty dreams
And all that might have been.

I love you all and miss you so,
And I'll always be nearby.

My body's gone forever,
But my spirit will never die.

And so, you must all go on now,
And live, and understand...

God did not take me from you,
He only took my hand."
- Author Anonymous

No comments: