Monday, June 25, 2012

It’s That Time Again!

Well, guess what?   It’s that time again.  What time you may ask?
I am speaking of  Vacation Bible School (VBS) time!   This is an exciting time because during the summer months many churches go outside their four walls to reach the lost in their communities and neighborhoods to introduce them to the Lord Jesus Christ!   Last week we hosted our VBS events, and we truly had a wonderful team at our church that put together a great week of activities, and the curriculum theme this year reminded us all of how great, awesome, and powerful our glorious God is!!
For me personally, I really get excited about VBS!  As a young child growing up in the church, I never experienced VBS; it was not until I became an adult that I attended my first class.  I had always thought that VBS was just for kids…..wow was I wrong!   The adult classes I have experienced were actually very fun and exciting; we played games, did crafts, learned songs…….it really made me feel like a kid all over again!   In recent years, I have been a teacher instead of a student, and it is a tremendous blessing to teach kids Biblical truths and introduce them  to the Gospel of Christ!  It’s also very rewarding to see kids come to faith in Christ as a result of this type of outreach.  
Of course evangelism and reaching out to those who don’t know Christ is not just a once a year event;  we can purpose in our hearts to be about spreading the Gospel all year round.  However, traditionally it is great to host VBS events in the summer in order to generate better attendance, since kids are out of school, and for many families life slows down the pace a little.
Yes, it is that time again, so why not get involved (in some capacity)  in your church’s VBS program and do your part in sharing the life and love of Christ with those who don’t normally set foot in a church or those who have not even heard of our Savior. The Lord could you use to plant and water seeds of faith in another person’s life.   Wouldn’t that be awesome?
“But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.  Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”     1 Peter 3:15

No comments: