Saturday, February 23, 2013

God Can Do A Lot With A Little

The Lord can take a little and transform it into a lot!   Do you believe that?  Do you truly believe that God can take a little bit of “something” and miraculously turn it into an overflowing abundance?   He has done that, He is doing that, and He will continue to do that in the future!
He has done that:  Just recently I taught my Sunday school class the lesson about Jesus feeding over 5000---for you Bible trivia buffs, this is the only miracle recorded in all four Gospels. It is a wonderful lesson in not only showing God’s provision, but also in having faith, the kind of faith that believes that nothing is impossible with God.  You all know the story:  Jesus had been teaching the multitudes and healing the sick, and as evening approached, our Lord recognized their need for physical food.  With only two fish and five loaves provided by a little boy among the crowd, our Lord blessed it and supernaturally fed over 5000 hungry souls!  There were even twelve baskets of leftovers, what an awesome Provider!    He took a little and made a lot!
He is doing that:  I can give testimony of my own life.   When the Lord saved me, He gave me the primary gifts of teaching and exhortation.  And because I love Him and want to serve Him, my Lord has taken “little old me” and used me to teach, encourage, mentor, disciple, and pray for others.  At times, I feel like I don’t  have much to offer, like the little lad’s fish and loaves,  but God takes my yielded life and  does things exceeding and abundantly above what I ever thought possible!   My boast is in Him alone!  He takes a little and makes a lot! 
He will continue to do that:  My sisters, what about you? What do you desire for the Lord to do with your life?   What “little” do you feel you have, that God can take and tremendously bless others?  I know that you all have gifts that the Holy Spirit has given you to serve the Lord and His people.  Joyously let Him continually use you to teach His word, minister to the sick,  reach the lost, feed the hungry, love the unlovable, and sooooo  much more!   Yes, He can continue to use your “little” and multiply it.    Remember He takes a little and makes a lot!  
May the words to the first verse of the song, “I Surrender All”, encourage all of us:
“All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live.”

Surrender all to Him and watch what happens!

No comments: