Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wonderful Church Family

I wrote in a previous post that God had finally sent lots of help to our church and we no longer had to DO EVERYTHING.

Sixteen years ago, when we first went to our church, I was "handed" the duty of the V.B.S. Director....BECAUSE....I was the Pastor's Wife.  I have served as Director for 16 Vacation Bible Schools.

This year, one of our ladies came to me and told me that God had been really leading her to be the V.B.S. Director this year.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!  I gathered my years of notes, etc. up and copied them onto a USB drive and passed them over...........with the request that she "please" allow me to TEACH the toddlers in V.B.S. this year.  Remember....that is where my passion is; that is where I REALLY feel led to work.  I am sooo excited about Vacation Bible School this year.

Also, this past Sunday was a very busy day, as usual for us.  We had a couple of people from church that had had surgery last week and needed a visit.  We had one member that had lost her dad and we needed to visit, especially since my husband's secular job was sending him out of town for the week.  On top of all of that......we woke up and walked outside to go to church Sunday morning and my van had a flat tire.


Picture this.....we have a Chili & Tamale Fellowship Lunch at church; a couple of sick visits to make and need to check on the grieving member; plus somehow we have to get the tire fixed before Roger has to leave early the next morning; and did I mention, we live 30+ miles from church and the church field....and we have evening church services at 6:00.
At one of the "sick" stops, we were mentioning our BUSY day.  The grown daughter asked if we had the keys to our van with us........I said right here.  She grabbed the keys and said, Bo and I are going to drive to Dayton and take care of your tire.  YOU go visit and do the things you need to do.  WOW.....what a blessing.

(They pumped the van tire up....drove it to Walmart to get the tire fix it and discovered it was beyond repair, so they had a new one put on.)

Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by a wonderful church family that loves you enough to help you carry some of your burdens and jumps in to fill the gaps when you are on over-load?  We are soooo very blessed!!! 

FYI....no, the church does NOT have an opening, so do not try to send your husband's resume.  ;-)

No comments: