Saturday, January 25, 2014

Accepting My Calling

Whether you ever felt called to be a minister's wife or not, whether you or not you can find contentment in the unending cycle of maintaining a home, or if you have ever struggled with feeling alone and disconnected - where you are is not an accident or an oversight.

Sweet Sister, God has placed you where He has for His purposes and He does not make mistakes.

I have found in my walk with Him, those times that I feel discouraged, discontent and/or dejected is when I have taken my focus off of Him.

As long as I seek Jesus, the Spirit is free to move and remake me into His image. When I place Jesus above all else in my life -even when I'm not "feeling" it, then I open myself up to the plans He has for me. If I keep my eyes on Him, like Peter, I find myself doing His will filled with the full life He died to give me.

Then I can accept my calling.

How do I keep my eyes on Him?

Prayer, Keeping a Prayer Journal, Bible Study, Bible Reading, Devotionals, Listening to Christian Music, Singing Worship Music, Meeting with Christian Sisters (who speak truth into my life), Mission Projects, Using my Spiritual Gifts, Teaching Sunday School, Engaging my Husband in Theological Discussions, Looking for Opportunities to Speak Truth into my Daughters, Praying Biblical Promises, Attending Conferences, etc...

I don't do all of these things well, nor do I do them all of the time. Please don't read my list and think highly of me in the least. I began and wrote the list to give an idea of some practical things ANYONE can do.

I fully believe and have experienced for myself the truth of this passage:

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 (ESV)

Notice that this promise comes right after the verse that promises us that God has good plans for us. 

Embrace your calling right NOW by fixing your eyes on Jesus. 

Seek Him with all your heart. 

What are some things that you do to keep your eyes and heart fixed on Him?

No comments: