Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Make the 2015 Retreat a Priority

Remember.....I do not like change.  Normally, I would be anxiously waiting for school to be out today, so Roger and I could slip off early and spend an extra night at the Music Road Hotel..........for the Bi-Vocational Ministers & Wives Retreat.

Sixteen years ago, our deacons sent Roger and I to Fall Creek Falls to the Bi-Vocational Ministers Conference..............and we I have not missed one since.  That first year I did not want to go.  I even tried to weasel out of it, but Roger said since the deacons were sending us, we had to go.  Don't get me wrong.  I was ready for a break...........but NOT with a bunch of preachers and their wives.  In fact, I was so burned out that I wasn't even sure I wanted to be with Christians........(I wanted to be alone.)  However, we went........and the rest is history.

We got there and EVERYONE there was in the same boat as us.  We shared, we laughed, we prayed, we studied.............and we developed friendships that have survived over the years.

We make the conference, which has now been changed to a Retreat a priority each year.  Our church, our kids and our families all know this comes FIRST.

I would like to encourage any of you that have never attended the Bi-Vocational Conference to make plans to attend next year.  We would love to see you.

Sadly, this year will be our first year to miss in 16 years.  We did not register to attend because Kinley Grace was suppose to be here around that time.  They have now re-scheduled her due date, but, me being a teacher, I need to save my days and also, we are helping mom some with her 14 month old son....and it is still too close to baby date.  It just did not work out this year.  Normally, NOTHING would cause us to not attend.............and I am a little sad to not be going this year.  I will miss the uplifting of the conference.....will miss the fellowship.....and will miss the time away..................

BUT, Ladies, as we all know.......Grandbabies TRUMPS everything!!!!

No comments: