Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lessons of Faith Part 2

I actually had a few moments in my hurried day yesterday to sit on my deck and enjoy the weather. I felt the slight breeze on my face and I believe I could smell a hint of fall in the air. During this quiet time I asked God direction for my blog time. Again, faith was the answer.

Personally, there are several people in my life who are living examples of faith. They are my heroes. Their "super power" is their faith. I would like to share briefly about a hero couple.



Recently, a sweet couple in my Bible study class received devastating news-Steve has lung cancer. Here is a man who seems in perfect health, whose family is a Christian witness and very loving. They have a great sense of humor and are servants. Ginger is a true classic Southern woman with a huge heart. This couple has two beautiful children as well. When I heard their news I truly was heart sickened. I wondered why God would allow such a terrible thing to happen to my friends. However, God is using this family to teach me yet another lesson in faith.



Instead of crying and feeling sorry for themselves, this dear couple is allowing God to use them. Each day is a gift and they do not waste it. They have shared that through Steve's illness God is opening doors for them to share Christ with other cancer patients who have no hope. They personally do not know whether God will provide an earthly healing or not but both Steve and Giner know that their Heavenly Father has a plan for their lives.


As I write this blog and think on this couple tears spring into my eyes. These are not tears of sorrow for what my friends are going through but of how our Heavenly Father is using Steve and Ginger. When I see them each week there are smiles on their faces and I truly see God at work in their lives.


Just as Abraham and Moses did not see the final product of their obedience, they stepped out in faith in order for God to be gloried. Steve and Giner do not know what their future holds but they are willing to step out in faith and be used of their Heavenly Faither. Because of their actions and faith, Steve and Giner are at the top of my hero list. I firmly believe they were placed in my life in order to teach me another faith lesson and I thank God for them.


Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Do you have a hero in the faith? Please share with me what your hero's example means to you. Better yet, tell that person.

No comments: